Perigon Health 360 is in need of a DevOps Engineer to design and develop our SaaS-based cloud platform and build and support an engineering automation pipeline.
We are a small, highly focused team of subject matter experts that care about each other, our home lives, and our team’s success. We have a fantastic culture built on respect and ownership. And we want you to be a part of it.
You’re responsible for working in our fast-moving Engineering department developing and maintaining new products and features, staying up to date on best practices, and working them into our strategy.
A start-up environment means there is considerable responsibility and ownership of this function along with a significant opportunity to do amazing things! This position requires a self-motivated person with great communication skills who is a multi-talented and resourceful team player that has experience building scalable, well-documented, maintainable, and secure products.
The Perigon Health 360 team is focused on empowering one another to build an incredible experience for our customers. We take pride in our work and put in the extra effort as we all have people in our lives who benefit from our product.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- 5 + years experience as an Infrastructure/DevOps/Systems Engineer.
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything.
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, IoT, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc…)
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- A solid Ops foundation – you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails?” when you build things.
- Have experience with Docker and ECS.
- Have experience with Mysql, Dynamo, Redis, and/or MongoDB.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Manage platform availability to defined levels.
- Manage all server monitoring systems and alert functions. Respond as a primary resource to alerts, communicate issues as appropriate internally.
- Build tools and infrastructure to improve the happiness and productivity of your fellow engineers.
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services).
- Administer production, staging, and development environments.
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability. Advance security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system-related incidents. Escalate accordingly.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage.
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes (experience with CI / CD tools).
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues.
- Automate recurring tasks where possible.
- Maintain documentation of the infrastructure and suggest areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the development team on shared objectives.
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM
- Startup experience
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee options
- Team events and social gatherings
- Full line of Tespo Vitamins and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Perigon Health 360?
The opportunity to disrupt healthcare-as-usual and positively impact millions of people’s lives does not come often. If making this kind of a difference motivates you, start the conversation today.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.