The Account Manager is a sales position designed to maximize our organization’s volume and market share in an assigned territory. This role develops and maintains long-term, effective relationships with Healthcare providers, affiliated pharmacy staff, and support personnel in various Prescriber locations.
Position Success Factors:
- Strong persuasive sales skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Business & professional acumen
- Contribute to delivering a positive engagement with all internal teams
- Strong communication skills; clear and concise, effective, patient, and courteous.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines
- Exceeds the customer’s (both internal and external) needs in every interaction
- Develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with physician offices, health systems, clinics, and other locations to promote our Specialty Pharmacy services and value
- Create and manage ongoing a territory business plan that identifies key targeted accounts, goals, and action plan for achieving company and sales objectives within an assigned geography
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure HCP relationships formed to continue to receive minimally set high standards of care and support for office and their patients
- Assist in the design of marketing materials, pamphlets, flyers, etc. – to be distributed to providers, payors, or other customers
- Document sales activity in appropriate platform and report activity to supervisor
- Produce provider and referral reports to assist in sales strategy and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of pharmacy operations and payor methods
- Demonstrate and obtain a proficiency of Backline and the ability to onboard and train providers
- Support the management of relationships with Hub Vendors to ensure target goals of programs are met as defined
- Effectively network and leverage relationships with pharmacy partners in the territory to drive results
- Plan, implement and attend meetings with clients or special interest groups to promote patient and provider services
- Support the patients and providers from non-commissioned company contracted referral sources
- Conduct a minimum of an average of 6-8 live site visits to HCP/Prescribers weekly
- Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; analyzes relevant information; encourages alternative solutions and plans to resolve situations; seeks additional assistance when needed
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in Sales with an ideal minimum of 1 year in a Specialty Pharmacy
- Strong computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office suite
- Travel is required; primarily local and up to 50%–based on territory and other factors
- High sense of urgency
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding client needs
- Dedicated and persistent
- Inventive and imaginative
- Cooperative and knowledgeable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet and exceed industry standards in all duties as outlined above. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action; up to and including termination of at-will employment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.